Sunday, May 23, 2010

New Page :)

Just to make things difficult, I put up a new page. We've been getting lots of questions on what we eat.  Since we don't eat pasta or rice, what can we possibly be eating?

Well, there are a lot of foods that are low in carbohydrates and are not processed junk.  So I put up a page on what we eat / don't eat - and why.   It's a work in progress so feel free to comment. 

Since I have family in from India, I haven't posted as often as I would like.  Part of the reason for the new page is for them.  Both my cousins have diabetes and hypertension - such a constant part of Indian life now.   And I was telling them about our food choices and how much of a difference it has made in our lives.  Not just weight related - although both of us have lost quite a bit of weight; health wise we are both in better health now than when we started on our primal journey.

LOL. I love the words "primal journey" - doesn't it sound like a trip to somewhere exotic?  And in some ways, it is.  It is a trip to a new and healthier me. :)  Ah, now I sound like an advert.

2 comments:

  1. I invented an awesomely bad food choice tonight: mix nutella with double cream at about a 1:3 ratio (the more cream the merrier). It turns into something like nutella mousse or creamy nutella pudding. Not sure if it would work with mere single/whipping cream. OK, don't eat it often, but it's healthier than a bowl of pasta.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what the heck is "vanillin"? (I looked up the ingredients on line) *grin*

    I've heard that you can make your own nutella from scratch. Perhaps, I'll do some up - but, it is impossible to find good double cream here. nutella pudding / mousse sounds YUMMY!

    ReplyDelete